The First Homely House - Imladris OOC II

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
Newborn of Imladris
I dare you @Winddancer
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

New Soul
Aranadhel: Where to start? Around FA507? Aye okay. Not much is happening then in the legendarium than Elwing reaching the Havens with a Silmaril. But that has no impact on daily life in Gondolin. Hmm my readback on earlier possible small events. Here is an impression of the timeline. There is one fact around House of Wing, they are the bodyguards of Tuor and Idril, and likewise little Eärendil. Is it possible that Nyaránë and Aranadhel both know the royal family? Her father Ernamo serves in the defense of the town too, but which house was never established by me. Nyarámo wouldn't know any of the family and never join any honouring house. This might give you some thought to work with.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Balrog
Winddancer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:38 am Hey, not our fault there is so much ash and no bathrooms you know.. :P We don't really have time for hygiene.
I resent that! my orcs, spiders, wargs, trolls, and goblins are all very clean and hygienic, except Fleeg. Fleeg is nasty
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
@Aranadhel Accepted.
@Sorceress resent away, they smell.

Newborn of Imladris
Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:05 pm Aranadhel: Where to start? Around FA507? Aye okay. Not much is happening then in the legendarium than Elwing reaching the Havens with a Silmaril. But that has no impact on daily life in Gondolin. Hmm my readback on earlier possible small events. Here is an impression of the timeline. There is one fact around House of Wing, they are the bodyguards of Tuor and Idril, and likewise little Eärendil. Is it possible that Nyaránë and Aranadhel both know the royal family? Her father Ernamo serves in the defense of the town too, but which house was never established by me. Nyarámo wouldn't know any of the family and never join any honouring house. This might give you some thought to work with.
Hi Aiki yeah let's start with your post then for Nyaramo. I can say both Rane and Aran just know the royal family from a military point of view, not close since they're not nobles like the Lords of the Houses.

And can you then establish which House their father, Ernamo serve in then? Just to give a backstory for the twins. I can share with you that Rane spend most of her time guarding one of the 7 Gates of Gondolin but she does come home for a month to rest and catch up with family. Let's go with that, Aiki.

Dank ju wel.
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

New Soul
Aranadhel: Aye, I will establish that for you and make a little summary of what happened so far. All the old data from the twins encounters in the past I have offline. Okay cool that she is coming home. Her brother won't be looking forward to that, but her mother will be. I'll work on it. :thumbs:

Newborn of Imladris
Bedankt, Aiks! I shall await your wonderful post and look forward to have Rane argue again with her twin lol!

New Soul
Aranadhel: I did let it yesterday rest and come up with a good start. Naughty as Rane was with lifting stuff and so, I thought now as grownup (+/-150 years old) she has come into her own, with her dream and purpose to serve Gondolin at heart. So she is the pride of her parents and her brother not. What do you think of that? I'll try start write today.

Newborn of Imladris
Bedankt @Aikári Salmarinian

New Soul
Aranadhel: Up and running. Her brother is outdoors still and will come in little later. I wrote the introduction from Rane's parents perspective, with the town as a body around it. Bit of digging here and there, so most facts are still in line of what happened before.
Last edited by Aikári Salmarinian on Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newborn of Imladris
Dank ju wel, @Aikári Salmarinian it's beautiful!

New Soul
Aranadhel: Do you still want to start or not? It is okay, if you don't want anymore, or have no inspiration. I understand that.

Newborn of Imladris
Sorry have been busy lately with work. I'll get to it this weekend

New Soul
Aranadhel: Okay sorry I understand, good luck with work. Take the time. I'll look forward for your post. :smooch:

Newborn of Imladris
Bedankt @Aikári Salmarinian Posted!

Hi @Fuin Elda want to ask for our Lossach adventure right this is set in the Third or Second Age?

Newborn of Imladris
@Fuin Elda Hi can you describe to me a bit about your Elf character before I post?

PS - Posted! :headbang:

@Ercassie Thank you Cassieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :bearwhip: :hammer: :googly: :smooch:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Aranadhel wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:27 am @Fuin Elda Hi can you describe to me a bit about your Elf character before I post?
It is always worth checking the character submissions/biography thread when you join in an rpg @Aranadhel. Most entries there already have the answers to spare you asking a load of questions in the ooc thread. Especially if you just want to know what another person’s character looks like/they haven’t described the character in the rpg. :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel love your post I've been doing Fuin so long I forget not everyone knows what she looks like lol did you find her character description in the character archive for Rivendell/etc? There isn't that much more in terms of description there honestly so if you have particular questions feel free to ask.

I also noticed her character description needs an update I've gotten more character stuff sorted in terms of timeline refinements

And third age in terms of setting
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
Aranadhel: I'll post soon. I have noticed your update.

Newborn of Imladris
@Ercassie you're my LOTR wikipedia ahahhaahahahah!

@Fuin Elda thank you for your kind words. I try my best every time... btw, the picture of Fuin is beautiful

@Aikári Salmarinian bedankt! I look forward to Rane's twin brother appearance

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel Thanks for the compliment! I would say you not only try with your posts but succeed as well!

@Ercassie Are you wanting to get a post in or should I have Fuin respond to Arandhel first?
Sereg a Dîn

@Fuin Elda feel free to go ahead and post back to Aranadhel. It’s fine. I’ll post after.
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Newborn of Imladris
I love this thread

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie alright will do that will try to get another post up today
Sereg a Dîn

Newborn of Imladris
Thanks Fuin! Looking forward how your DP interacts with the Calaquendi hahahahaha

New Soul
Aranadhel: Any plans where to take it with the twins in Gondolin? Or with Nyaránë? I know with her brother. :confused:

Ennora: Answerd your messages on Discord. :wink:

Newborn of Imladris
Hi Aiki! I'm thinking to have your Nyaramo interact with Nyarane when the surviving Gondolindrim came back from the Nirnaeth... Read what Rae has posted in the Gondolin thread as your guide, dear. Bedankt!

New Soul
Aranadhel: Okay, but I have updated the thread already with a post of my own on Monday 4 April. Maybe you missed it?

Newborn of Imladris
Hi @Aikári Salmarinian where you wanna go with the twins now in Gondolin?

New Soul
Aranadhel: Without getting in too much details, I don't know it anymore. There is an apology in my Little Corner for being someone to disappoint people. I don't want to hurt people's feelings any further, with my struggle for inspiration. There are many bright ideas and excellent writers, but for an unknown reason I am unable to hook on. How much efforts are given towards me. Sorry. It is just me, not any of you. :smooch:

Newborn of Imladris
what little corner?

New Soul
In Gondolin forum, my Little Corner post.

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie and @Rillewen So I have been debating on doing a revamp of the Bree Market since at this point it's fairly out of date in terms of the OP and might be a bit easier to deal with if we update it a bit - I was thinking of making it a bit like the House of Healing and giving it a much more timeline flexible setting. I don't want to interrupt your RP though unless you are okay with shifting it to a new verson of the Market.

As well as listing (if you are alright with it) a list of vendors that both casually exist stalls were people are actively in charge of them if they like - So the cobbler, would be a casual one that people could use as they like possibly and then the Elven smithy stall would be one where you are going to RP with a specific person (myself for that particular stall)

If anyone else is interested in giving me further input on this please let me know!
Sereg a Dîn

Steward of Gondor
I think we could wrap up our rp without too much difficulty at this point, since mossy just basically kicked them out of his shop :rofl:
So I'm okay with revamping it in the next little bit, if @Ercassie is too :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

@Fuin Elda, the current OP of the Bree Market is definitely outdated. There was a more relevant version which Aig edited for @Rillewen and myself last year, which listed the stalls/stores which we have actively RP'd there. But that list/update I believe was sadly lost in the site crash of last year and the thread which came back in September was the old out of date one again. Aig has left us so it never got re-updated.

There was a grocer and a barber as well as the cobbler listed as regular stores, for eg. All of which were actually represented in actual posts, unlike those which feature in the current opening post.

In terms of RP, @Rillewen is correct though. I was plotting to proceed and explain the cobbler's odd reaction to his smashed window, but since that is effectively the next 'chapter' for the characters, there is no reason why it can not commence in a new thread. :wink:

High Lord of Imladris
Alright sounds good! I may wait a day or two to see if anyone else is wanting to make a suggestion on the new Market place thread but if not I'll get it up Tuesday or Wednesday!
Sereg a Dîn

Newborn of Imladris
Fuin when we gonna proceed for Lossach? Been waiting awhile now let's get going ho ho ho!

New Soul
Ennora & Aranadhel: I have written both you an email, over the account we used back in 2015/16 about an Eriador and KD RP's at the time. From neither of both came a mailer daemon back, which means you must have received it. I hope you will read it. :smile:

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel YUP! I've just been really busy with the convention I run ramping up but I should get to the Darkness in the Ice post in the next day or so (I'll admit springfest posts are pretty easy and light to make comparatively)
Sereg a Dîn

Guardian of Imladris
Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I would like to ask a favor. Could someone create a Plaza-suitable Legolas avatar for me to use for rp? Would be really super cool :grin: :heart:
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel and @Ercassie and @Aikári Salmarinian phew. I'd hoped to make that post a few weeks ago already but life just got 100% away with me and then this last bit was ill. I figured I'd get us moving since really we can walk and talk especially in the beginning!
Sereg a Dîn

Glad to hear you are feeling better @Fuin Elda. :smooch:

For the Lossoth rpg, I didn't go into much detail re: my Elves' equipment decisions in my preparation post, because I wasn't sure if we would be RPing a stop at Ost-Halatir, given Fuin mentioning that IC. But I see you have described various equipment in your new post. Should I go ahead and work in mention of what my folks have packed already in my next post ? Since this is set to be a survival rpg etc and knowing what they have might make a difference to events, etc. :wink:

Newborn of Imladris
Legolas wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:37 am Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I would like to ask a favor. Could someone create a Plaza-suitable Legolas avatar for me to use for rp? Would be really super cool :grin: :heart:
Sure, got any picture preference? :headbang:

Hi @Fuin Elda welcome back from RL LOL! Good thing I haven't posted yet since you'd recently post. :rasp: :wink:

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie you absolutely can include what you've got packed and on for survival stuff in your next post

And yeah RL did me in something terrible though tomorrow I get to build a deck on my house.
Sereg a Dîn

Guardian of Imladris
@Aranadhel Yes Sure :) you could choose from one of these two. Thank you so much in advance:

1. https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/12 ... 00x400.jpg

2. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/bb/a1 ... dc2824.jpg

Balrog
Hey @Legolas, I wasn't around at the time of your request but I'd give it a go, if no one else minds too terribly and I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here.

I made them in a couple of different styles depending on your tastes as well because everyone here has their own style and I didn't want to limit you to my particular style if it wasn't your cup of tea:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Guardian of Imladris
Omg, they're beautifull :embarrassed: :grin: thank you so much @Tod Den Heiligen

Balrog
:grin: glad I could be of some help!

Guardian of Imladris
@Tod Den Heiligen most definitely :smile:

Everyone, I will have my final exam tomorrow and will (hopefully) receive my academic degree tomorrow :thumbs: I will have more time again afterwards and I was thinking about creating a Halls of the Elven King rp, in which one can visit the Halls of Thranduil of course. What do you think about it?

Balrog
Do you mean a new RP thread? I know we have this thread here that covers most (if not all) of Thranduil's realm and we don't want to get too many duplicates running around. Were you think of something more specific maybe, like the throne room itself?

I won't speak for anyone else, in case others have a differing opinion, but I don't see anything wrong with the idea. And of course there's no real need to ask anyone's permission to open a thread