Discord server up and running

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Black Númenórean
Back here as well

They are implementing a fix - https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Galadhrim Bowmaster
discord was down? huh

Chef
props to me for not getting around to hooking the plaza up to cloudflare yet

Master Torturer
Backups @Narv Backups! Lots and lots of them!

Black Númenórean
all hail narv!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Warrior of Imladris
Sil wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:37 pm since the discord server is not up and running, what I was last saying to everyone is, well I finished watching Frozen 2 and eh, predictable
I watched this with some 4 year olds who were delighted to give me spoilers for every upcoming scene, moments before it happened. Considering that, the film wasn't all bad. Except for the terrible central message, obvs.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Istari Steward
Just dropping a note that I left the server as a way to force myself to use my time better-- was getting glued to my screens and I really don't want to do that. That said, anyone that wants to say something or still chat 1 to 1, just add me, I'm still around some of the time. :wink:

Herald of Imladris
Can I get an invite too?
Posted in OOME too... Not sure if it was ok there. Thank you!

Arien
Arien
LegolasTheElf wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:12 pm Can I get an invite too?
Posted in OOME too... Not sure if it was ok there. Thank you!
https://discord.gg/ZRqTWUzQ
cave anserem

New Soul
Mine's not working either

Arien
Arien
Hi @Troygan the link expires after some time. Here’s a fresh one

https://discord.gg/mdABMTFT
cave anserem

Guardian of the Golden Wood
Never say never, eh? Could I request a fresh Discord link please? The one above has expired and I would like to be able to check in with some of you outside this site (and don't bs me on that email - it is a birdnest shredding machine). @Rivvy Elf, I can find you on Discord, right? (Also Goose, maybe I can sort the final chapter too.)

PS. @Silky Gooseness - please listen to me on this: avoid Priya's latest Bombadil post. It has some disturbing stuff.

What a plaza morning!
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Melkor
Melkor
@Chrysophylax Dives https://discord.gg/U9Q3N5zH

Istari Sage
@Ephtariat I don't want to keep spamming the Riddles thread, but are you saying that your characters are actually IRL different people that you're just writing about (in a non-fiction sense) or do you truly believe that your characters are acting, thinking, and making decisions without you as the author? I put this in this thread in case you're interested in chatting over Discord instead of spamming forums :lol:

Newborn of Lothlorien
@Romeran I don't like Discord, but I can give you my Facebook (so that we can use Messenger) or Whatsapp, if you want. Anyway, what I'm saying is that there are other planes of existence besides our own, the same we experience in dreams or in other transpersonal states. Tolkien himself said he did not invent Middle-earth, but he discovered it. He certainly believed that Middle-earth was our own world in a distant past, but he also thought to be in touch with that past. His unfinished novel "The Lost Road" tells you a great deal about it.

Istari Sage
I see. Well we will have to agree to disagree, I do not think it is physically possible to 'invent' material that isn't fundamentally colored by ones own perspectives. I also don't think it's is truly possible to act as if you do not know something. But if so, I'd argue as a direct consequence a scientist can be objective.

Newborn of Lothlorien
@Romeran I'd say that the other planes can show us only what we can understand, even imperfectly, so it's still affected by our understanding of this world, but in another sense. Also, acting as if I did not know something only applies if the person who acts is the same person who knows. If it's two different persons you're talking about, what one knows impacts scarcely on the other, in and by itself. Scientific objectivity has precious little to do with it.

Esquire of The Mark
Why does it say you do not have permission to view plazachat history? Or any chat history. Do I need an invite link or something? I can't see any posts on any of the threads on discord. :/ How does it work?
And whither then? I cannot say...

New Soul
Melahny, it is a problem I noticed too. I don't know why it is.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Esquire of The Mark
It's so strange, I can't respond or even look at any of the posts or messages.
And whither then? I cannot say...

Khazad Elder
Yes, you may need a new link. It seems they expire.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Captain of Tower
If you are new to the Discord Plaza server I or one of the other channel admins needs to give you permissions. I will go take a look and hopefully fix it for you on the Plaza server, although it looks like you might be talking about a separate server for Rohan stuff.
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien