I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Chef
100 push ups in one go? No way. I have done 40 max, but that's it. 100 could be a goal for me next year, though. I have never been to Australia. :(

I don't think I have ever been scolded by a thread runner/ruler/admin. However, I have been given some very direct directions. Have you ever watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy all the way through without stopping?

Black Númenórean
I have never visited Australia, either! I have a cousin who lives over there now, though, so I should try to visit... Plus @Dwim is over there!
I have never eaten frog legs.

If "without stopping" means "without stopping for longer than it takes to go get food from one of the seven hobbit meals being served at an event" then yes! :grin:
Have you ever designed a banner for a kingdom/region on the Plaza?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Elven Enchanter
I don't think I've eaten frog legs, but I can't be certain. I have never failed a class.

Yes, I have designed a Region banner on the Plaza. At some point there was a banner competition for Wilderland and I entered one, though it wasn't chosen in the end. Have you ever had a Plaza dream?

Istari Steward
I have absolutely failed a class, more than one in fact. In 8th grade I must have failed at least three, maybe more. And then another one in undergrad, sophomore year. It was Greek. Now I teach Greek. :shrug:
I have never fasted more than 24 hours, voluntarily or otherwise.

Definitely have had plaza dreams, including very recently after I spent too much time collecting archive threads.
Have you ever done IK Debate?

Warrior of Imladris
I have fasted more than 24 hours by accident - during an illness I once spent 36 hours asleep! I have never seen Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (mostly because Paul Walker isn't in it, but generally because I can't get past the first 20 mins of terrible terrible new 'lead actor'!)

I have done IK debate when I was a wizzie, whilst fighting a dying laptop. It was very stressful. Have you ever skipped a social engagement to play on the plaza?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Thain of The Mark
I have not seen any Fast & Furious movie. I have never seen a live armadillo in person.

I'm positive I've skipped a social engagement to do Plaza things, especially back during my old Plaza days, but I do not remember a specific incident. Have you ever been stalked by a housecat?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never seen an armadillo live or otherwise, but The Beginning of the Armadilloes is one of my favourite Just So stories. I have never been up in a hot air balloon.

Image :rofl: I have been stalked by a housecat or two.
I was in fact invaded by my neighbour's cat regularly - I named it Notmycat and eventually had to evict it after much woe with fleas. My mum's house, which I have been doing up, is currently being stalked by a gorgeous ginger ball of fluff. But she sheds everywhere ... Have you ever wished for an eagle kingdom?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Khazad Elder
Hahaha, scary. The cats that is, not the 'not married at 40' bit. *grin* I am one of few, it seems, that is not particularly fond of cats.
I have never been up in a hot air balloon. Do they give you a parachute when you go up in one? I have never had a root canal.

Hmm, I have never thought of a bird kingdom. It might be fun. It would be a large kingdom. *grin* You would have to break it down into a few kingdoms with overlords or overbirds, in each one.
1. Winged Creatures (Hell-hawks), Crebain, Vultures
2. Ravens, Thrushes
3. Eagles, Hawks, Owls
4. Gulls, Storks, Kingfishers, Geese
5. Dove, Kirinki, Nightingales.
6. Starlings, Crows,
7. Finches, Wrens, Sparrows

Sorry I got carried away. Have you ever gotten carried away on the Plaza?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Warrior of Imladris
@Menolly Bird nerd alert!!!

Thain of The Mark
@Lirimaer I LOVE THE BEGINNING OF ARMADILLOS TOO. It's so ridiculous and fun.

Elven Enchanter
I have had four root canals. It was not a pleasant experience. I have never dyed my hair.

Yes, I think we all have gotten carried away on the Plaza. How did you discover NuPlaza?

Chef
I have been summoned for a BIRD NERD ALERT (thanks @Lirimaer!) and now I am dreaming of bird kingdoms. Actually playing a D&D campaign right now that features the bird people aaracokra. Also I didn't know this thread was here and it's entertaining!

I have dyed my hair many, many times. It's orange right now and I'm working on fading it out with plans to bleach the roots and dye it pink this weekend. I have never cooked chicken.

I discovered nuPlaza through the facebook group, as I imagine many (most?) of us did. Have you ever played IK Word Sleuth?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Black Númenórean
I've been a vegetarian (with a year or so of veganism a few years ago, and a quick spell of eating meat last year) since I was 16. I have never cooked chicken for myself, though I have prepared it for my doggo.
I have never had butter coffee.

I have! I believe I played when I was in Gondor at some point, and then played in the WS match that @Dimcairien Luiniel ran on NuPlaza.
Have you ever created an original game thread for the Plaza?

High Warden of Tower
I have no idea what a butter coffee is - I'm totally not a coffee drinker. I have never gone water skiing.

Oh, yes, I have created a game or two. Have you ever commanded a plaza army?

Thain of The Mark
I have never gone water skiing either. I have never successfully* grown winter squash.

I have commanded a plaza army (currently a Marshal of the Mark, and was one briefly on Old Plaza as well), but have never actually RP'd a battle where I've been in command of a plaza army. Have you ever killed off your Plaza character before?

*Squash vine borers are *true evil* folks.

Healer of Imladris
I think the last thing I successfully grew was a tomato with my dad when I was 10. Plants are not my strong point, they're too quiet and peaceful! If I don't water the cat it bites me. I have never had a conversation in French.

I've killed off Plaza characters but not main Plaza characters. Have you ever talked about the Plaza on Twitter?
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Istari Steward
I have sort of had a conversation in French, depending on how far you wish to stretch the definition of "conversation". It was a kindergarten level conversation, but I think it counts.
I have never stepped on a crack and actually broken my mother's back because of it.

I have never talked about anything on Twitter, since I never made a Twitter account. Ain't gonna either.
Have you ever forgotten about a thread you were posting in and the character presumably vanished mid-conversation?

Chef
I have never broken my mother's back for any reason and I'd like to keep it that way! I have never played ice hockey.

I have absolutely forgotten about a thread! More often I remember, but I procrastinate, and then I don't have any creative energy, and then there are 30 posts to read to catch up, and then I forget. Have you ever posted on plaza in a language besides English?

Elven Enchanter
I too have never played ice hockey, but as I kid I would play street hockey. I grew up on a cul-de-sac, and my older brother had hockey supplies, so with the neighbours, we would put on roller blades and play hockey in the street with a tennis ball as the puck. I have never been to a rock concert

Does posting a random phrase or sentence in a Middle Earth language count? If so, I've done that several times. Have you ever gotten involved in a pub fight on the plaza?

Storyteller
I have been to many rock and metal concerts. Too many to name at this point in time. They are my favourite concerts to attend. I have never watched Back to the Future.

Yeah, I've been involved in pub fights on the Plaza. My first experiences RP'ing were in Mordor, and one of my first courses of action was to start a fight in a pub there. Have you met any Plaza peeps in person IRL?

Thain of The Mark
I have watched Back to the Future. I can see why many people enjoy it, but it's not... phenomenal, to me. I have never read the Harry Potter books.

I have met Plaza peeps in person, IRL. A couple of wizards drove through my town several years ago and we met up for a couple hours at the local Ren faire. Has your screenname ever been mistaken for another Plaza-ite?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have read the Harry Potter books, although not for a decade or so. I'll admit, JK's... decline has somewhat sullied them for me. I have never seen a Godfather movie

I don't think I've ever been mistaken on the Plaza, unless you count when I changed both my name and region at the same time and there was a bit of confusion in the Ages of Arda OOC thread. Have you used your Plaza name in another space (forum, social media, video game etc?)
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Black Númenórean
I, too, have never seen a Godfather film.
I have never played the oboe.

I think I have an abandoned twitter account under the name Tarawen. Other than that and email addresses, nope!
Have you ever RPd as more than three characters in the same thread (or even the same post)?

Ent Ancient
I have never played the oboe, either! I have never been skydiving.

I have not played more than three characters in the same thread/post. Even two is too much for me to be honest and I almost immediately regretted it. I have never changed my username in order to impersonate another member!

Warrior of Imladris
I have been skydiving, did it with the Red Devils in Sennelager, Germany. It was fredegaring wonderful and I'd recommend it to everyone. I have never lived in a high rise.

I do not think I have ever changed my username in order to impersonate another member, but 17 years is a long time. Have you ever written a story on the plaza? (lotr/other fandom/original fiction)

Elven Enchanter
Does living on the 13th floor of my student housing building in London count as living in a high rise? I have never successfully learned a second language.

Aside from RPs? I'm not really sure, though I posted an old fanfic one-shot in CoLP awhile back. Have you ever RPed as a non-humanoid character on the Plaza?

New Soul
I've tried Spanish, French, and ecclesiastical Latin (I at least still know most of the Latin Mass), but have failed on all attempts to master any second language. I've never owned a pet rabbit.

I have totally played non-humanoid characters on the Plaza. My most famous would be Morendis and the five hundred or so Morendis, Jr.'s, a spawn of Shelob who wanders and shifts in the shadows and under the cover of darkness. I also have Arnie the Cave Troll, who MIGHT be considered humanoid... and I remember an Eagle somewhere buried in the wayback machine I have yet to find... speaking of the wayback machine, have you gone searching for your old story plotlines?

Chef
I've never owned a pet rabbit, but I am enjoying the summertime shenanigans of the wild cottontails in my backyard immensely. I have never caught a firefly/lightning bug.

I have not gone searching for any of my old story plotlines because I have a suspicion they are somewhere between not very good and downright embarrassing. I have never posted in nuplaza PAM.

Storyteller
I've never caught a firefly either. I've never been any good at drawing.

I have posted in the new PAM a fair bit. I also started the thread. Have you ever used the knife-murder smiley in a post? :stab:

High Warden of Tower
I always say I can't draw, but some drawings turn out just fine... I have never run a marathon.

Ha! No, I haven't used it and not sure I would. @Eldrith might though - for her Black Hand. Have you ever reported a misbehaving plaza member?

Istari Steward
I have not run a marathon either, or anything even close to it. Probably topped out around 5 miles I'd guess, though I don't remember specifically.
I have never baked a cake without help.

I can't remember exactly, but I think it's not so unlikely that once upon a time I pointed the admins toward a spammer in lore--there used to be a whole forum dedicated to abuse and spammers, I probably posted in there at least once.
Have you ever used the justify tool when formatting a post on the plaza?

Elven Enchanter
I have baked a cake without help, though it has been several years. I really would like to get back into baking again.I have never gone snowboarding.

I don't think I have used the justify tool when formatting a post. Have you ever been to Hobbiton?

New Soul
I went snowboarding once. Landed face first in a sheet of ice. What I didn't realize was that i tore open my chin and that it froze back, so only after I was back at the lodge did I start thawing out and bleeding profusely. On the other hand, I have never been skiing.

Yes. I've been to Hobbiton, in all the ways possible. Did you ever have a Lonely Mountain Dwarf character?

Chef
I have been skiing exactly once, at the age of 12, right in the middle of an epic growth spurt that made me even more clumsy than I am now. I concluded that as someone who frequently trips and falls over my own two feet on regular ground, strapping boards to my feet and deliberately sliding on slippery ground was a terrible idea. I have never driven a tractor.

I don't think I ever had any dwarf character, but honestly I was active on the old plaza for ten years and I've forgotten a lot of one off characters I made up. Have you ever posted in a
blindingly bright color?

Storyteller
I have also never driven a tractor although it sounds fun and I wish I could say I had. I have never attempted to write a song.

Yeah, not often, but I think I did in the OP of PAM. Have you ever inadvertently been censored by the new Plaza filter?

Elven Enchanter
I don't recall ever trying to write a song. I have never gone snorkeling.

Yes, though I now will sometimes deliberately use the plaza filtered words in RPs. I have also deliberately tried words to see if they are filtered or not. Have you ever participated in the Plaza Olympics?

Healer of Imladris
I've been snorkeling! I should really do it more often. I have never had a pet rodent. Unless you count the still-living mice and moles the old cat liked to sneak inside and let loose!

I don't think I ever participated in the Plaza Olympics but I may have made a post or two long ago. Have you ever voted for a Member of the Month? (Sorry, really need to get on that!)
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Sage of Khazad-dûm
I have also never had a pet rodent. But I do have a Beanie Baby rat (called Tiptoe) from my childhood. I have never been to Ireland....

I have voted in MoM, which is a system I love! Have you ever been tortured in Mordor?
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Warrior of Imladris
I lived and worked in Northern Ireland for 3 years. though I never went south of the border. I have never been further East than Cyprus.

I do not remember being tortured in Mordor (perhaps it wasn't very good?) I do remember torturing in Mordor - once. Have you ever been too intimidated to join a thread?

Warrior of Imladris
I think I have been further East than Cyprus, as I have been to Dubai. However, I guess you can keep going East and get all the way back to Cyprus so it depends on your starting point. I have never been to Central America.

I have many times been too intimidated to join a thread. From great RPs that seemed beyond my skill, to the latest elimination game in this Kingdom which seemed intent on getting rid of my favourite Disney characters first! Have you ever noticed a mistake in one of your posts, but it is too late to edit it as someone has already responded?
I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
she / her

Loremaster of the Herd
I have never been closer to Central America than Texas. I have never been to Oregon.

I have absolutely done this, although I'll acknowledge that I usually edit it anyway. Worse is on twitter, where I can't delete - repost because everyone will NOTICE. Have you ever edited a post... much later? Days or weeks?

Thain of The Mark
I have been to Oregon, when I was one year old. Somewhere there is a picture of one year old me running straight at a very blustery ocean and my dad not quite keeping up chasing right behind me. I have never been to the east coast (US).

I have edited a post weeks later. I, er, may have done so in the last couple of days. Have you ever deleted a post of yours (or asked for it to be deleted)?

Warrior of Imladris
The only place I've been to in the US is the East Coast! I have never witnessed a full solar eclipse from my location.

I have both deleted and asked for posts to be deleted; sometimes they need deleting!! Have you ever wished for a particular plaza icon?

New Soul
HA! I actually travelled to the prime spot to watch the 2018 Solar Eclipse in South Carolina, only for a raincloud to completely cover the eclipse for exactly 8 minutes, drenching us as it went super dark. The animals at the house went nutso during the eclipse! We got a brief look at it on either end. Thankfully I was with most of my closest college friends, so we enjoyed the time anyways. Have you ever been to another continent?

I've always loved the Telperion and Laurelin icons, and before I got my shiny Galadriel icon, I wanted to be Eowyn or Theoden in the past. Have you ever taken a complete turn in an RPG that led you completely away from your plotline?

Istari Steward
I have never been to another continent, not even close. I live thousands of miles away from my birth and childhood home, yet still on the same continent.
I have never passed out standing up.

Okay so I know technically this is a plaza related question, but the turn from a plotline happened as a player (though I was in the know) in my first Pathfinder campaign. My character secretly had joined a freedom-fighting organization tasked with taking down the royalty of a large city that was rival to the city we lived in as a party. This was not known to the rest of the players, so when I came to them with a job offer, they thought it was basically a caravan escort quest, but we were actually delivering a terrifying poison weapon to be used on the king. The reveal scene when the trap was sprung was soooo good hahah my wife was so mad (her character, I mean...right?)
Have you ever participated in a plaza-family house thread?

Chef
I have passed out standing up exactly once in my life. I was 13, at astronomy camp (I was such a cool trendy teenager), and we went for an early morning hike at high elevation, but I didn't eat anything or drink any water first. Found out upon my return home that many girls in my family are prone to fainting if we don't eat something for breakfast. Thanks for telling me that too late to save my pride, mom. (Now I am an adult and smart enough to sit down before I feel I might pass out.) I have never had a nosebleed.

I am pretty sure I've participated in a plaza family house thread in days of yore, because I think I was part of the Sadril family. The details are lost in my memory, though. Did you ever participate in IK racing?

Sage of Khazad-dûm
I have had a nose bleed because I suffer from very tiny sinuses, hayfever and took a medication which dried me out totally. Winning combo. I have never managed to do a handstand.

Yes I love IK racing, I really hope we can do some more. Badger Badger Badger!! Oh wait, I'm in Rohan now...Did you ever have a Plaza marriage and did you ever meet your plaza partner IRL ? (insert @Balfur coming to tell me off...)
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Storyteller
I have managed to do a handstand (in the pool). I have never been in a helicopter.

I did have four Plaza marriages over the years :lol: But I have never met any Plaza members IRL. Have you ever convinced anyone to join the Plaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I have been in lots of military helicopters. Most army (lynx, puma, Chinook) and one navy (sea king) with an underslung. I have never been on a cruise, either ocean liner or sailboat.

I have never convinced anyone to join the Plaza. I don't tend to talk about it much. Have you ever taken a character on an IC journey posting in several kingdoms on the way?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have never been on a cruise, but I have been on a sailboat. That being said, I've never been on a boat in the ocean (Just lakes!)

I think I did when the Regions were in place, on the OldPlaza. And Androthelm will be going on a bit of a journey soon too, if I ever get around to writing it. Have you ever written a solo-piece (private, avoiding everybody ) for the Plaza?