I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Elven Enchanter
I have been on a boat on the ocean and never will again. Went whale watching once 12 years ago and spent the majority of the trip being sick over the side of the boat. I have never gone on a date

I've written a handful of solo posts, but I think the majority of my RPs have been involved with at least one person. Have you ever argued with someone in Lore?

Ent Ancient
I have only been on a few proper dates because that's how it was in uni but after I met my partner, I went on better ones. I have never held a baby (human but I've held lots of baby kittens...).

I am not sure I have ever argued in lore, but I will argue that balrogs have wings! Have you ever been a high-ranking member of a Plaza army/military organization?

Black Númenórean
I have held several babies! All the children of friends or relatives, though.
I have never played a stringed instrument other than guitar.

I have never been a high-ranking member of a Plaza army. At one point I did a bad job of having NPCs run a Rangers training grounds in the Lone Lands, but I like to mostly pretend that didn't happen. :googly:
Have you ever co-run an activity with another Plaza member?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Elven Enchanter
I know (sort of) how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the violin. I have never had a manicure/pedicure.

Yes, the recent insanity that was the Cooking Contest. It was great fun doing that alongside @Sil Denafil and @Almarëa Mordollwen. Have you ever (accidentally or on purpose) created a timeline conundrum with RPing?

High Warden of Tower
I have had manicure - maybe once. I have never gone kiteboarding.

Hmmm. Maaaybe? At any rate have had to adjust, though. Have you ever lost a long post due to computer/internet error?

Sage of Khazad-dûm
I have never gone kiteboarding either! I have never owned a PlayStation

Yes. Painfully. Stupid dial up. Have you ever disliked your halloween icon?
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Istari Steward
I have never personally owned any console, though my parents have had an Xbox and Wii at various times.
I have never had a habit of cracking my knuckles.

I was only ever around for 2 Halloweens, I think-- 2006 and 2007. I don't remember what icons I had for those years either, since I swapped kingdoms fairly regularly. So no, I guess?
Have you ever glomped someone IRL?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never had a habit of cracking my knuckles - it's very freaky. I have never been able to do the splits.

Have you ever glomped someone IRL? No, I was a fairly reserved child and am not particularly touchy-feely as an adult. Have you ever tried to make a LotR/M-e costume?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Black Númenórean
I have come close, but I can't do them fully. The splits are a thing I'm constantly working toward in yoga, I feel.
I have never driven a pickup truck.

I have tried to make a LOTR/ME costume. A wonderful and crafty friend from a different online LOTR fandom group made me a circlet and I had this flowy blue cloak thing that I stitched some beads into. At 14, it all felt very elvish.
Have you ever cooked a dish inspired by Middle-Earth or its food?

Chef
I have driven a pickup truck. I've only ever owned smallish cars and sitting up higher in a truck is kind of fun. Trying to maneuver a truck into a small parking space, especially with my terrible spatial skills, is less fun. I have never done ballet.

I've sort of made Middle-earth themed food! I had a vaguely hobbit-themed birthday party for my coming of age at 33, and one of the desserts I made was sesame seed cookies, aka seed cakes. They were tasty. I also sauteed some mushrooms for the dinner we had, because hobbits are right about mushrooms being delicious. Have you ever met a fellow plazaite IRL? (this was probably already asked, but I'm not inclined to scroll back through two pages of questions)
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Storyteller
I have also never done ballet, and I can't imagine that I ever will. I have never gone to the cinema dressed as a character from a movie.

Unfortunately I have never met a fellow Plazaite IRL. There's not many Aussies on here! Have you ever had a heated argument on the Plaza?

Elven Enchanter
When Star Wars VII came out, I went to the midnight release with a friend and did my hair in Leia buns. Does that count? I have never stayed up for longer than 24 consecutive hours

I don't think so. I tend to avoid heated arguments. Have you ever received an SCR?

Thain of The Mark
I... don't honestly know the longest I have stayed up. It was close to 24 hours, maybe a little longer, if we don't count trying to sleep and briefly dozing. I have never been hunting.

I have received an SCR/ATR at least twice, on Old Plaza. I was Lothiriel for a time, and Lalaith for a time. There was probably at least one other in there, but I don't recall for sure. Have you ever lost a game on the Plaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never been hunting either - except on RDO - always I did have to mercy kill a rabbit once :flail: I have never been able to eat offal. Not even after watching them cook it so well on Hannibal.

I have lost all the games on the Plaza (except WS - we usually had a good team for that). It is a rare game if I win a game of luck. Which Tolkien character would you RP better than anyone else (because of life experience/shared understanding/other reason)?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Khazad Elder
I have eaten offal. It was some part of a beaver that was supposedly a delicacy. Quite chewy. *grin* I have never sat on a horse.

Hmm, tough question. I would say Frodo. He seemed to be a loner and somewhat of an introvert, especially after the ring was destroyed. I can relate to that. What female Tolkien character do you truly admire?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Chef
I have a vague memory from early childhood of sitting on a pony, probably at the county fair. Ironically, I've cleaned up after a lot of horses, ponies, and donkeys, but I've never ridden a horse. I have never been able to do a cartwheel.

Just one? I suppose I'll have to pick Mrs Maggot, a queen among farmers' wives! Mr Maggot was clearly smart and well respected, and had a lot of respect for his wife, who seemed to run a household out on the edge of nowhere with efficiency and skill. She must have been a singular woman. Have you ever met an actor from the LotR or Hobbit movies?

Elven Enchanter
I too have never been able to do a cartwheel nor anything that comes close to gymnastics. I have never gotten a tattoo

Yes, sort of. At Gallifrey One in 2013, Sylvester McCoy said "hi" to me and my friend (now roommate). He was dressed as the 7th Doctor. We didn't realise until after he had continued walking by that he was actually the actor and not a really good cosplayer. Have you ever cosplayed as a Tolkien character?

Sage of Khazad-dûm
I have also never got a tattoo. I have never lived in an apartment/flat

No I haven't, though I love theatre and acting, and costume. Have you purchased any LotR art?
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Storyteller
I currently live in an apartment. The main problem with living in an apartment is the lack of storage. I have never played a flute before.

Do LotR related tattoos count? If yes, then I have purchased LotR art. I have probably purchased more conventional LotR art before too, but I just can't remember what at this point in time. Have you done all the new Knowledge Halls yet and did you get a perfect score in each?

Healer of Imladris
I've played flutes, most recently of the bamboo variety. Who knew you could spend so much money on panda food? I have never...had champagne, come to think of it. How'd that happen??

I've done all the new Knowledge Halls but didn't get a perfect score for each because...Have you ever deliberately sabotaged your score in the Knowledge Halls because you couldn't resist one of @Mojo's troll answers?
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Chef
I have had champagne, but mostly just at weddings where it was almost a requirement to drink it. I am not really a drinker. I have never broken a bone.

I am not big on the Knowledge Halls, so this is the first time I've heard about Mojo's troll answers. I would love to see an example of this now! Have you ever met or had a good conversation with a famous person?

Chef
Oh gosh, I've broken too many bones, both terrible (hello ankle that will never work properly again) and ridiculous (don't jump off the top deck of a boat 30 feet down into the ocean and hit the water tailbone first). I have never cracked/broken a smartphone screen.

Depends on your definition of famous person, but I met Temple Grandin and had a short, but nice conversation with her at a zoo conference once. (Psst @Istya Alassea, the second question is meant to be plaza related, just so you know :wink:) Have you ever drawn/painted one of your plaza characters?

Storyteller
I have broken a smartphone screen, but it wasn't my fault. I was hit by a car while I was walking across a pedestrian crossing. My phone was in my pocket and was destroyed (a bit by the car and a bit by the road from what I could tell). The broken phone was the least of my worries though. I have never cooked a turkey.

I haven't drawn any of my plaza characters. Unfortunately I am not skilled enough for that. I've only ever found pictures online that kind of match what I had in mind. Have you ever killed off one of your Plaza characters?

High Warden of Tower
I have cooked turkey... well, minced turkey meat at any rate. :lol: I have never ridden a unicycle.

I don't think I have killed any of my characters. Should I? Have you ever posted in pink?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never ridden a unicycle, or actually seen one close up in RL. They scare me. I have never had stitches.

Have you ever posted in pink? Oh yeah, one time we made Mo's house pink. There is evidence. Have you ever stalked someone on the plaza?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have had stitches, once, in my face. I have never broken a bone.

Define stalked? I think I found halfir's personal twitter once by accident, searching for a post of his (in the days before the OldPlaza went down, when some clever googling could sometimes do you better than searching on-site). Have you ever met someone from the Plaza IRL?
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Ent Ancient
I have broken bones - my wrist and a few fingers. I was an ungraceful disaster as a child. I have never ridden a commuter train to work.

I have only met one person from the Plaza IRL. She was inadvertently my next-door neighbor my first year of college. Small world - it was really great! Have you ever wanted to post somewhere on the Plaza but were too afraid to? (if so - I say go for it!)

Elven Enchanter
If riding a commuter train to school counts as riding one to work, then I have done so. Hello London Underground. I have never needed to use crutches

I still have yet to post in an actual Gondor RP. I know the Minas Tirith folk are wonderful, but 10+ years of being too intimidated to post there does not go away easily. Have you ever point spammed on the Plaza?

Thain of The Mark
I have never needed to use crutches either, but my grandma broke her foot when I was 4 years old and I vaguely recall always asking if I could "honk on grandma's crunches" which is toddler speak for "hop on grandma's crutches" LOL. I have never made socks. (Edited because I had a brain fart. :googly:)

If the Character Elim game wasn't points spamming, I don't know what is, LOL. So that would be a yes. Have you ever pranked someone on the Plaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never made socks. And I never will. I have never gotten up early on a day off merely to watch a sunrise.

I do not think I have pranked someone on the Plaza. I have been pranked though. Have you ever been surprised that someone used your plaza nickname?

Black Númenórean
I've never gotten up early on a day off specifically to watch a sunrise, but for other things (long hikes, snowboarding, etc.) have seen cool sunrises as a side effect!
I have never owned a pet reptile of any kind.

Not particularly, no, though it was strange at first to see some of them again when the Plaza came back!
Have you ever posted a gif (non-smiley) on the Plaza?

Khazad Elder
I have a ball python named George. He has been in the family for 15 years. I do not have a better photo of him at the moment. Here he is in the library.

I have never been sky diving.

I have never posted a gif that I can remember of. I do remember being anti emoji for the longest time back on the old plaza. *grin* Have you ever participated in the riddle thread in Minas Tirith when Laielinwen was the queen/ruler?

Chef
I have never been sky diving but boy, would I like to!
I have never been kicked out of class (I was once not let in because I was deliberately late).

I fondly remember Queen Laielinwen from The Hunt for Therion, but I have never participated in the Minas Tirith' riddle thread when she was ruler.
Since this is a Brandybuck game (really? My good old fellow ruler Brandy?? I miss her!): Have you ever RP'ed with Brandybuck on the old plaza?
Please state the nature of the medical emergency!

Storyteller
I was kicked out of class a couple of times in high school. The most memorable one was when my English teacher literally screamed at me to get out. I have never had a pet cat.

I may have RP'ed with Brandybuck at one point or another (I was a member of the Shire for quite some time on the old Plaza) but I can't specifically remember. Have you ever had Plaza related dreams that you can remember?

Healer of Imladris
I have almost always had a pet kitty cat! But the current one has been driving me nuts all week, so if anyone wants to borrow him for a while...:tongue: I have never seen a panda bear in real life 😭.

I don't usually remember my dreams but I think RP stuff has snuck into them. Oh! Definitely Plaza *names* have made appearances. Have you ever had the Plaza set as your home page?

Thain of The Mark
I have never seen a panda bear in real life either, at least to my recollection. My local zoo has red pandas, though, and they are super adorable. I have never milked a cow.

I... possibly did, back in Old Plaza days (like, 2004ish?) but I don't recall. These days, I don't have anything set to be a home page on my browser. Have you participated in a fight tournament on the Plaza (not the ol' battle arena, but fully RP)?

Warrior of Imladris
I have milked a fake cow ... but milkmaid is not one of my ambitions, so no burning desire to try the real thing. I have never met a royal person.

I've fought in a House army (training) but not in a tournament thread. It's not my thing, really. Have you ever cried when the internet lost a plaza post? :flail:

Chef
I have never met a royal person either, or at least not that I'm aware of. I have never played American football or rugby.

I probably haven't literally cried over a lost post, but that's because I was hyper aware about it happening and used to carefully copy-paste all large posts into a word document while they were in progress, just in case. I have certainly been irritated over a lost post or two, though. Have you ever changed kingdoms just for a specific icon?

Black Númenórean
I have never played either of those sports unless you count flag football in middle school gym class. :lol:
I have never lived on an island.

I haven't changed just for an icon, no.
Have you ever played in an activity in the Cottage?

Ent Ancient
I have lived on two different islands. Its nice but sometimes you feel far away from everything else. I have never hitchhiked.

I am sure I have participated in Cottage activities on the OP but I don't remember what. Have you ever considered joining every kingdom at least once?

@Dimcairien Luiniel - I would also love to try RP in Gondor. maybe I'll see you there sometime. :smile:

Healer of Imladris
The closest I've come to hitchhiking is accepting a ride home from a stranger at the grocery store in the pouring rain. I have never bleached my hair.

I'm considering it now that's it's free and I'm posting all over the place--I keep looking at the ranks page for my favorite titles. But I'm so entrenched in Imladris it feels weird to leave! Have you ever used your Plaza username somewhere else on the internet?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I have never had pneumonia.

I use Pele Alarion or simply Alarion on various sports sites, games, etc... What can I say, the name is stuck on me. Have you ever been plaza bored?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never had pneumonia either. Don't want to, sounds horrible. I have never eaten a raw chili pepper.

I have gotten bored with the plaza many times; stepping down from rulership is a clear sign of it, and I am the kind of person that goes through phases of activity anyway, especially with work and RL kicking my ass. Have you [as a character] ever sworn fealty to another member's character?

Storyteller
I have eaten a raw chili pepper. They don't taste great raw and whole. I have never dropped a computer.

My corrupted hobbit character (yes I have a corrupted hobbit :lol:) has sworn fealty to the Dark Lord of Mordor. Has your character ever done anything traitorous to their allegiance?

Thain of The Mark
I have dropped a computer, but the act has usually been assisted by an unruly cat or dog. I have never owned a hamster.

Ummm... Taeth is very borderline on that right now. Not going to say much more, though, because some of its still up in the air, dependent on several situations. Have you ever completely changed your character backstory?

Chef
I have never owned a hamster. They're cute, but it feels like a bad idea with the house full of cats and snakes. (psst @drifa I also have a ball python. His name is Smaug. George is adorable!) I have never fallen out of a tree.

I've never completely changed things that have happened, but I have let some background details change, or be erased, or be created. I have never had my own thread in CoLP.

Black Númenórean
I have never fallen out of a tree, either.
I have never been to Yosemite National Park.

I have had a few threads in the Cottage over the years and have one currently!
I have never played a dwarf on the Plaza.

Healer of Imladris
Ahaha, I have been nearly everywhere in the Sierra except Yosemite. Mum always wanted to avoid the crowds and the bear regulations are a pain for backpacking. Related - - I have never through-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail (but desperately want to, who's in? :grin:)

I very briefly played a dwarf for the Insanity scene in Mordor. But I have never (I think) RP'ed in Khazad-dum.

High Lord of Imladris
I have not hiked any long trails but am totally in. I have never competed in the Eco-Challenge (also desperately want to)

I have once a very very long time ago, though it did not last very long as sadly by the time I was brave enough to venture out of Imladris Khazad-dum on the original Plaza was not that terribly busy anymore. I have never changed my account name
Sereg a Dîn

Thain of The Mark
I have never even heard of the Eco-Challenge. I have never been to New York (City, or state.)

I apparently changed my account name once, right before my active days on Old Plaza ended, but the only proof I have of that is a vague mention of it in the FB Plaza group. I literally have no memory of doing so. Have you ever run a contest on the Plaza?