[UPDATE 02 MAY] Election Season 2024!!!!!!

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Arien
Arien
[UPDATE]

Hi all! Thanks for your involvement and patience so far.

We now have our nominees: thank you to everyone who submitted nominations and for everyone who agreed to stand. For those nominees who preferred not to stand this time around, our heartfelt thanks to you too.

We have a really great group of nominees, all of whom I think are more than capable of the role, and I invite all nominees to introduce themselves in a post below. I will copy and paste these into this top post in due course.

please do fill in the form at the bottom if you want a voting ballot and put in NA for nominees

Thank you!

Sil

Our Nominees

@Arnyn
@Rivvy Elf
@Dungeon Delver (Frost)
@Pele Alarion

Arnyn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 pm Somehow I feel like anything I say will be wrong, haha. But err I'll give it a go anyways. I prefer to stay low key and let things run themselves, given we're a small community and things mostly run smoothly. I do enjoy giving tribute and seeing members enjoying themselves whether it's through sharing what they've created, having a healthy debate or engaging in roleplay. I don't enjoy playing plaza police, so I try to do as little of that as I can, but will intervene when push comes to shove (or something like that?).

I've gone back and forth about accepting a possible nomination for another term throughout the past few months, but in the end decided I would recommit if the vote reflects your wish for me to do so. You should 100% judge me on my adminship for the past year because I wouldn't intend to do anything differently.

So have at it :)
Rivvy Elf wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:13 am I’ll be honest here. I’ll accept the nomination and here are a list of cons and pros of me as an admin.

Cons:

my creative focus currently is on the manuscript I’m writing, so don’t expect me to come up with innovative new threads.

As an admin, I automatically restrict myself from posting a lot since I see adminship as best representing the site as a whole, not just myself. I have polarizing and sometimes controversial views and I don’t want there to be an inherent feeling that I’m using a position of power as added weight to my views.

I don’t mind playing plaza police.

I believe in the laissez faire style of admining

Pros:

I am proficient in a lot of the technical aspects of admining (tributing, etc)

This admining term I was more of a behind the scenes type of admin.

I believe in unanimous and consensus decision-making among administrators, so I’m fine with compromise and acquiescence.

Dungeon Delver wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 pm You might know me as the guy with 800 different usernames or you might know me as the overwrought, lurid writer who can't not write a morally grey character to save his life. I've been back and forth about adminship and whether or not I should give it a go, but in true Plaza style, why not leave it up to you? At this juncture, no one really needs an introduction. I'm cool (not really), chill (no, really), and eccentric (probably too much). Do you think any of these qualities deserve even the smallest amount of authority and control?
Pele Alarion wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:04 am I am not sure if there is anything new I can say. Just that I'll try to do my best if you, folks, deem that I should have that opportunity. :wink:

Thank you, nominees, for your introductions! I am now going to have a go wrestling the concordet form into place, whilst you guys consider the intros and ask any further questions you wish of the nominees or me or Narv or whatever. Please again do ask for a ballot form if you haven’t already and I’ll be back in about a week with more updates! Look to me at the east on the dawn of,.. 12 May

please find below the Form to fill in: filling in this form will ensure you have a voting ballot once we open voting.

it will also allow you to nominate members for adminship. Please do feel free to self nominate! Numbers of nominations will not count and everyone is eligible, except Narv, due to being Narv.

I will not be standing for election this time round and as such am taking on the role of Election Administrator instead! Feel free to ask any questions to this email address spelled out to avoid bots, lotrplazavotes @ gmail dot com, which the other admins do not have access to. General questions about adminship can go to the standard admin email, or posted below.

Thank you all and especially to my fellow admins @Arnyn and @Rivvy Elf who have been delightful to work with, @Narv for being the troll overlord of my dreams and @Lail for being patient with my efforts to get into the election account…
cave anserem

New Soul
Done, I sent in my nominations. :tongue:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Arien
Arien
Thanks everyone who’s sent in nominations so far!

The form will remain open so that you can continue to send in emails for the sake of receiving a voting ballot. Just put in N/A for the nominees section, or put in whatever you like really but it won’t be counted :lol: I just need your email.

I’m in the process of reaching out to the nominees to find out if they would like to run: please be patient with us as people consider!

Thanks all
cave anserem

Khazad Elder
I sent in my nominations and N/A. :)
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Arien
Arien
Thank you all! I have now received responses from all of the nominees. I will shortly invite all nominees who have agreed to stand to post their introduction posts in here, and update the top post, so people have a chance to read about them and then I will set up the voting. You still have time to submit a request for a ballot so please do email in if you would like to vote!
cave anserem

Arien
Arien
@Arnyn @Rivvy Elf @Dungeon Delver @Pele Alarion please go ahead and post your intros and I’ll put them into top post. I’ll let you have about a week to do this but please feel free to discuss if this isn’t doable for any reason. Love you all thank you
cave anserem

Balrog
You might know me as the guy with 800 different usernames or you might know me as the overwrought, lurid writer who can't not write a morally grey character to save his life. I've been back and forth about adminship and whether or not I should give it a go, but in true Plaza style, why not leave it up to you? At this juncture, no one really needs an introduction. I'm cool (not really), chill (no, really), and eccentric (probably too much). Do you think any of these qualities deserve even the smallest amount of authority and control?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Éowyn
Éowyn
Somehow I feel like anything I say will be wrong, haha. But err I'll give it a go anyways. I prefer to stay low key and let things run themselves, given we're a small community and things mostly run smoothly. I do enjoy giving tribute and seeing members enjoying themselves whether it's through sharing what they've created, having a healthy debate or engaging in roleplay. I don't enjoy playing plaza police, so I try to do as little of that as I can, but will intervene when push comes to shove (or something like that?).

I've gone back and forth about accepting a possible nomination for another term throughout the past few months, but in the end decided I would recommit if the vote reflects your wish for me to do so. You should 100% judge me on my adminship for the past year because I wouldn't intend to do anything differently.

So have at it :)
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

High Warden of Tower
I am not sure if there is anything new I can say. Just that I'll try to do my best if you, folks, deem that I should have that opportunity. :wink:

Melkor
Melkor
I’ll be honest here. I’ll accept the nomination and here are a list of cons and pros of me as an admin.

Cons:

my creative focus currently is on the manuscript I’m writing, so don’t expect me to come up with innovative new threads.

As an admin, I automatically restrict myself from posting a lot since I see adminship as best representing the site as a whole, not just myself. I have polarizing and sometimes controversial views and I don’t want there to be an inherent feeling that I’m using a position of power as added weight to my views.

Pros:

I am proficient in a lot of the technical aspects of admining (tributing, etc)

This admining term I was more of a behind the scenes type of admin.

I believe in unanimous and consensus decision-making among administrators, so I’m fine with compromise and acquiescence.

Khazad Elder
*gazes upon all the shining nominees*
Thank you for stepping up - I appreciate your time and efforts. :headbang:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Esquire of The Mark
What is the elected role exactly? I see three of you may already be Admins (says Admin on profile picture). So is this to be King of the Admins? Or a specific Admin position? I want to vote but I don't know what I'm voting for. :rofl: :facepalm: :brickwall:
And whither then? I cannot say...

Éowyn
Éowyn
Hey @Melahny_oftheWoods @ the 3 admin positions are opened up to everyone about every half a year. Ideally we would have more people wanting to run for admin, so you could vote in a whole new admin team if you didn’t like our style for the past 6 months. But cannot force someone to be available or want to devote time to be an admin ^^ so 2 out of the 3 current admins decided to accept a nomination again + 2 nominated members accepted a nomination. So now you can choose your 3 next admins out of that group!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
I filed in my nominations, but I wonder if anyone has seen them? :confused:

Arien
Arien
@Aikári Salmarinian Yes, your nominations were received- thank you very much. I note that I have only listed as candidates people who accepted their nominations.
cave anserem

Esquire of The Mark
@ArnynGreat, thank you for explaining! When do we vote?
And whither then? I cannot say...

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Melahny_oftheWoods Sil is making the necessary voting ballot thing and once it is ready, anyone who's asked for a 'voting ballot' will receive a link through email to vote.
You can still fill in the form at the bottom of Sil's opening post in this thread to sign up as an interested voter! So please do if you haven't already! (Sent in nominations won't be applicable anymore, but you can still ask for a voting link xx)
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
Silky: Thanks I don't remember what if I accepted or not. Probably not.

Guardian of the Golden Wood
Arnyn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 pm I don't enjoy playing plaza police, so I try to do as little of that as I can, but will intervene when push comes to shove (or something like that?).
Rivvy Elf wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:13 am I don’t mind playing plaza police.
Hope it is not out of order for me to observe, with reference to the past term, that together you two make a good police team. (I'd vote for Arnyn over anyone else policing the riddle threads, though.)
police (n.)
1530s, "the regulation and control of a community" (similar in sense to policy (n.1)); from Middle French police "organized government, civil administration" (late 15c.), from Latin politia "civil administration," from Greek polis "city" (see polis).

Until mid-19c. used in England for "civil administration;" application to "administration of public order, law-enforcement in a community" (1716) is from French (late 17c.), and originally in English referred to France or other foreign nations.
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.