Fat Bear Week 2023 - BEARPOSTING

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Balrog
It is that sacred time of year again, that time of the year when the salmon are leaping, and the bears are munching. I am of course speaking of the High Holy Feast of Fat Bear Week, known to most laypersons (those not of the arktatopic persuasion) as Fat Bear Week!!

That's right, it's time once again for the masses to descend (virtually only, if you please) upon Katmai National Park and Brooks Falls and decide for the year, definitively, who is the fattest bear. This year is full of contenders: mainstays and past champions like King Otis, Bear Force One, and Holly, and others that hope to dethrone the old regime like Chunk, Glazer, Electra, and Walker.

Who will take home the salmon? Who will be named fattest bear of all? Only we can decide!

October 4th, the voting begins. Let your voices be heard!
Last edited by Dungeon Delver on Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Arien
Arien
I’m going to assume from your username you have a preference already :lol:
cave anserem

Balrog
Look at him and tell me you wouldn't vote for him

Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
FAT BEAR WEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

King Otis is king for a reason, will always be my favorite, and his fattening has been impressive this year- he was practically skeletal when he finally showed up in July! But I have to come down on #TeamGrazer this year- she's gonna grazer that whole bracket and take home the crown :bearwhip:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
I have a feeling Grazer is at least making it to the Finals. I would be disappointed if she didn't. She'll have to make it past 747 and Holly which seems a bit unfair, but the Champion's Road is never an easy one.

On the other side, I got to watch nearly an hour of Chunks butt wandering about the river and the falls on the livecam today and that made my day.

Arien
Arien
That’s an absolutely magnificent rendering, I must admit :lol:
cave anserem

Balrog
The king has fallen! The king has fallen!

King Otis was ousted from the tournament in a battle that was never really close; he fell to Bear 901, a first-time mother with a trio (one cub was lost making them a duo) of cubs and runner up from the 2022 competition.

Long Live the King

Black Númenórean
I like to think that Otis ceded the fight to 901 with dignity, recognizing her heroic achievements this season. Now the king can sit back and observe, passing judgement on the remaining competitors, all of whom hope to live up to his glory!

GRAZER GRAZER GRAZER GRAZER!!!

Balrog
128 Grazer is absolutely grazering over everyone. Not even the fattest grizzly in living memory can withstand her great badonk. I've never seen a former champ get so lambasted the way Bear Force One is getting right now. No one is 128 Grazer's competition this year.

Black Númenórean
I expected Grazer to defeat 747, but he's getting absolutely destroyed, what a grazering to behold!!

New Soul
I thought B747 was flying over? :lol:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Balrog
One would have thought! But when you are going up an absolute tank like 128 Grazer you don't stand a chance, apparently.

I'm very eager to see how the match between Holly and Grazer plays out, each of them are the archetypal mama bear and each of them are as roumd and chonk as they can be. Similarly, I'm curious about Chunk versus 901, both runners up in the past.

Balrog
The final is set!

32 Chunk took down inspirational mama bear 901 and 128 Grazer continued on her path of absolutely domination.

There is a new word in the ursinological lexicon these days: to grazer - to dominate an opponent so utterly and thoroughly that there is nothing left in one's wake. "Bear 128 has grazered through so many opponents one wonders if we should just give the 2024 Fat Bear Week trophy to her as well."

VS

The only question remaining, really, is by how much is 128 Grazer going to defeat 32 Chunk by?

Balrog
All hail the queen!!!!

We have a new reigning monarch, a round queen with a monarchical caboose!

128 Grazer!
I know re-christen this thread into a bear posting thread worthy of her majesty, full of fat and ridiculous bears

New Soul
Oh wonderfull, that is nice. :thumbs:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!