Adab Nestad - Autumn of Aphadors

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
High Lord of Imladris
Arhir Nestor Elrond
Class Room with Uruviel
TA 12
@Rillewen

Elrond pinched his lips together trying to figure out the best way to describe a broken bone that had broken through the skin or was visible in the wound. "It'll look like... have you haver seen a stick that's had all the bark pulled off of it and it's nice and white?" He asked certain that Uruviel had peeled back a stick more than once before. "If it's broken it'll look like a hollow stick but it'll have a reddish substance on the inside and it will probably be pretty sharp." He said calmly she should probably know well enough what it looks like without having to know all of the specific details. Just enough that if she saw it she would know. "And yes Mellondir does have a lot of injuries it's a good thing he's got you to help make him feel better." She pulled but it wasn't quite enough to pull the leg proper but it was mostly set. "You need to pull a little bit harder, if you feel you can see how the leg is a bit lumpier here." He said calmly pointing to where the leg wasn't fully straight any more.

He tipped his head slightly at the question about if they could help animals the same way. "Indeed you can, at least for most, there are some though there sadly they won't heal properly and they'll always be in pain so it can be kinder to let them fall asleep forever." He said softly. "But there are a lot of animals you'd be able to help if they were hurt as long as you know the animal well enough." He said with a smile. "Once you get the leg pulled back into place, you can put padded wooden braces on each side before wrapping it so that it stays in place." He said. Pretty soon she'd be writing her Aphador test though a lot of what she'd write would be simplified or childlike versions of the answer but they would still be the proper answers even if they were simplified.

Receptionist Calime/Minestor Fuin
With Patient Fay and and her son Cavan @Rior Laegiel

Calime did her best to make sure that that Fay was feeling as good as she could until Fuin could get to her. She was happy that Cavan was helping her with his mother, she seemed a bit, demanding. However soon her part in tending this woman would be over. She was making sure that bed was turned down so that Fay could sit on it comfortably or even lay down if she wanted to until Fuin arrived. She was about to guide Cavan out of the room when Fay asked what the smell was. Calime wasn't entirely sure what smell it was she was complaining of, the House of Healing didn't really have a smell to her. She could smell the blood from Fay and if anything a bit of dirt and sweat... she had a feeling though that Fay was not talking about those particular smells. "I'm not sure? Perhaps Minestor Fuin will be able to tell you when she get here to tend you?" She offered gently before shutting the door to show that the room was occupied.

It was only a few minutes later when Fuin gave a gentle rap on the door and slipped in to see the newest patient at the Adab Nestad, "I hear something in here is bothering you smell wise." She said calmly heading towards the counter where a cabinet full of herbs was kept. One look at the woman told her that she needed to get the woman some decent pain killers so that she could reset the dislocated shoulder and clean and stitch up the rather nasty gash on the womans face. "Do you have a herb or flower you'd prefer I can make you a nosegay with that so the scent doesn't bother you as much?" How many other wounds the woman had were up in the air yet. She headed towards her a cup of wine and niphredil oil in a vial in hand and stood near her. "I can see your arm is dislocated and your face, will need stitches. Are there any other injuries I should be aware of before I give you this?" She asked worried that there might be internal bleeding or something of that sort to deal with. "Did you take any blows to the body that may be causing bleeding that I shouldn't give you this for?" She asked very calmly.
Sereg a Dîn

Knight of The Mark

Faylindë
With Minestor Fuin
@Fuin Elda

Laying on the bed Fay closed her eyes as the door closed behind the receptionist, however the relief of having a moment to herself was over before she was ready. Opening her eyes slowly, reluctantly, she turned to look at who the unfamiliar voice belonged to. ”Yes though I do not know what it is. I can not define the smell.” What kind of herbs did they have? Her favourite flower was Lily of the Valley but those had quite a strong smell and she didn't want their scent to bring back memories of this unpleasant moment. ”Do you have lavender?” she asked

"Would you believe I got the bruises after falling down the stairs?” she tried, not really wanting to talk about what happened. This was the second time she had been attacked when traveling to Imladris to visit her son. Maybe she shouldn't travel alone but she didn't have anyone who could come along. Her only friend was a real homebody and there was no use asking, Fay had tried several times. She had been happy to only have her horse as company but he had died in the fire that plagued Mirkwood some years ago so now she had no one.

She eyed the vial suspiciously for a moment before answering. "Does broken fingers count? I can breathe normally so I do not think my ribs are broken. I took a few blows but my face and my left arm hurts the most, plus the fingers on my left hand too.” What shallow pain she had Fay assumed it would go away when her bruises healed. At least her jaw wasn't broken and she was grateful for that because it hurt to talk as it was. Too bad she couldn't just snap her fingers and make her injuries go away but magical cures didn't exist.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor

Nariel Eregwen
Taidor - undergoing Training
With Minestor @Fuin Elda, Gardens, TA 3014

If Nariel had ventured here, keen and eager to hear what a Minestor might tell her, then the surprising news, that Fuin herself had friends from her old home, saw the Taidor all the more excited.

Oh but perhaps I ought know these friends of yours, from Gondolin ?” she assumed that, given all she’d heard about the elleth beside her, any friends of the Healer must be very well known in society. Even long ago of a society which no longer existed. Fuin herself was of course not only a healer, but also a warrior and a smith .. if all that had been told to Nariel was true. Given the source of the rumour, the redhead had harboured some cause to doubt, but that was on the teller’s own reputation, not the subject’s.

I doubt they ever noticed the silly little girl singing to flowers back then,” she blushed, but clutched at the other’s arm, with frightful suddenness as she was kindly encouraged to be useful. “Oh, do you really think so ? I would be most glad, assuredly !” she gushed, though sincerely.

It was hard to recover herself enough to sit calmly beside Fuin as the Minestor plucked forth an aromatic herb. “Athelas .. Nariel repeated the name which had been awarded to it, almost basking in it’s charm as the uplifting scent was released. A small frown creased her alabaster brow though, and one hand smoothed out her skirt as she pondered on whether the stimulating plant was familiar. There were after all some awful long count of years to consider, and no small amount of verses and plants to sift through in memory. But this day her mind felt sharper than it might else, and she more able to pinpoint the required thought.

I do not believe we ever encountered that one. Not there. For we were so carefully isolated in the mountains,” she admitted, almost apologetic. “I believe that I have heard the name, since, though. A Ranger said Athelas was a blessing of old Arnor. A treasured legacy then, that surely enhances the vitality of Imladris today. I do not wonder that it achieves more than merely tantalising senses, though it surely is quite potent in that art !” She breathed in, happily as though this was the first breath ever taken in the world.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.