Plaza Art Competition!

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.

Who represented Happiness the best?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:23 pm

Pele Alarion
40%
Frost (Aka Jorgy Underash)
10%
Moriel
No votes
Zôrzimril
40%
Romeran
No votes
Drifa
No votes
Sil
No votes
Fuin Elda
10%

Total votes: 10

Master Torturer

Welcome one and all!

And welcome to NuPlaza's first Art Competition! Hopefully one of many!

The theme for this competition will be: Happiness (Thought I would start on a lighter note!)

I dont see there being enough entries for each category to have their own winners, so you will get to choose from them all and find one winnner from all the entries!

Everyone will get to vote! Once we reach the deadline, I will create a poll and you can vote on your favourite entry! Even you own ;)

Deadline February 14th! Valentines day!

Rules:
  • 1 entry per person
  • It can be anything you consider art. Drawing, Photo, Poem, Short Story and so on.
  • It HAS to be YOUR own work, no stealing!
  • Post your contribution in this thread. Please make a note that it is an entry!
  • Feel free to ask questions in here, I will clean it up when it comes time to vote

High Warden of Tower
Well, a random entry... of someone's happiness.

Master Torturer
Yay! An entry! <3

Istari Sage
How on-theme does "Happiness" have to be? For example, I really like painting miniatures, that makes me happy. Does that count? Even if the subject matter of said miniature is not strictly "happy"? Maybe I can find something happy-looking to paint :lol:

Master Torturer
If you explain how it relates to happiness, I am happy (ha) with anything! Like Pele's above doesnt specifically depict happiness, it is something that makes her happy :)

New Soul
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Balrog
I present "A Little Bear in a Big Snow" taken at Mueller State Park in Colorado, May 28th, 2021 by yours truly

Everyone knows how much I love bears, if you don't, you haven't been paying attention. This bear in particular has been with me for a very, very long time. According to my parents they bought it for me before I was born and I've had him with me every since. Each year I go to Colorado in the late spring to go hiking, and each year I find little places like this one that build a scene in my head. In this case, a bear coming out of hibernation only to find the ground still covered in snow and thinking they woke up too early.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Omg that is too stinking cute..

Black Númenórean
Oh my gosh, I can't even with the cuteness of that bear!

Here's my entry: one of my favorite shots from The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, a show I recently worked on as Lighting Designer. While it's not a particularly happy show, I am so happy with how the design came out, being in the designer's chair is one of my happy places, and this picture in particular makes me very happy :grin:

"Happy Birthday, Petra"

Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Black Númenórean
Here is my entry:

This is a redraw of a still from my favorite cartoon ever (you can see the original screenshot here). While there are many, many happy images from Adventure Time, I chose this one for the theme of happiness because, as you can see, both characters are perfectly at ease in a chill, everyday situation: hanging out on their couch at home. This is also my picture of happiness. :grin:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Istari Sage
I wanted to use this as motivation to finish my current project before the deadline but I’m definitely not going to finish in time.

Miniature painting is a hobby of mine. I love sitting down and throwing on an audio book and painting away. It’s one thing that makes me happy. I also enjoy coming up with stories and motivations behind the things that I paint. Here’s my most recent mini that I painted:

It’s related to happiness in that, well, it makes me happy :grin:
Last edited by Romeran on Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Torturer
Yay more entries! You guys rock <3

Khazad Elder
Excellent entries, one and all! :thumbs:

It makes me happy creating these funny, asymmetrical, 2-dimensional characters. I have been doing it for some time now. I start with a sketch, then use a paint program. Each one seems to have a different personality. The eyes especially, in my opinion, give life. :smile:
Tina
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Arien
Arien

A happy lil elf

Model: @the_cytherean
Medium: ProCreate
cave anserem

Master Torturer
You guys are awesome <3 Thanks for participating!

Master Torturer
LAST DAY TO GET YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN!

High Lord of Imladris
Woo hoo got this done in time
A Simple Roll for Initiative Life
So for me I have a few things that make me happy, DnD obviously with the dice but also I quite enjoy the slow simple life I've got out in the country where I get to grow anything and everything I want to even if it comes with issues like slow internet or no internet in a snow storm. The change from having to work 5 days a week to being able to work 3 or 4 days a week and is allowing for me to do more stuff I like doing outside of stabbing people (which is still fun)
Sereg a Dîn

Master Torturer
Contest is now closed for any further entries!

But poll is now open for voting, so please vote for the one you think represented Happiness the most! I know it is hard, but pick one! :bearwhip:

Master Torturer
And we have a winner! Actually we have 2! It's a tie! <3

Congrats to @Pele Alarion and @Zôrzimril for winning the first NuPlaza Art Contest! <3 And a special mention to that stinking cute teddy bear..And thank you sooo much for all the contributions, you guys rock!

Khazad Elder
Congrats Pele and Zôrzimril! You capture happiness, in my opinion, wonderfully! :winkkiss: :heart:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Istari Sage
Congrats to both @Pele Alarion and @Zôrzimril! Well deserved both of you :grin:

Balrog
Well done @Pele Alarion and @Zôrzimril! Beautiful, happy entries and thoughtful meanings behind them
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
Oh wow, thank you all! And congrats to you, @Pele Alarion! Huge thank you to @Winddancer for running this competition - loved seeing all the entries in this one.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Warden of Tower
*responds to all the summons* Eh? Competitions can be won by an out-of-focus pic? Or does it mean that people would like to join orienteering activities? :wink:

@Zôrzimril :headbang:

*shares the cake with everyone* Because each entry is lovely and portrays something of the person behind it.

High Lord of Imladris
Congrats to @Pele Alarion and @Zôrzimril for the excellent photos and a lot of these entries were lovely was quite upset I could only cote for one. Thanks also to @Winddancer for hosting this fantastic little competion.
Sereg a Dîn

Black Númenórean
Congrats @Zôrzimril and @Pele Alarion!! :dance:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her