Dragon Room II - New Beginnings - CLOSED

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
High Warden of Tower
Hadassa, becoming a Dryhtguma

Hadassa
waited patiently, as the messenger came with some news for the First Marshal, and her observations told her that the news might not be as good as would be wished for. Yet she neither inquired about it, nor showed her curiosity in any other way; after all, it was not her place to stick her nose into the business of Marshals.

Yet, the messenger had taken only a while, and quite soon Hadassa found herself straightening even more, if that was even possible, as she received her badge. Her chin lifted ever so slighted, and unmistakable pride clearly visible in her brown eyes, the young woman returned the salute. "Thank you, First Marshal Shivased! I will do my best to serve well and wear my badge with pride," she responded, putting in the best effort not to keep the smile from reaching up to her ears.

Dryhtguma of Westmark Eored

Esquire of The Mark
Amadhrill passed the heavy wooden doors of the Dragon Room, smiling a little as she entered the large room. There was a clear purpose in her light steps as she made her way towards the marshals' seats. Her green eyes scanned the room, nodding her greeting to the familiar faces making their business in the Dragon Room. She held her head high as she saluted the marshal @Shivased. "Marshal, I wish to request a leave of absence to go to Gondor and visit the Houses of Healing. I have heard many speak highly of the hælends there and I believe there are many things I might learn there. I wish to travel for a short visit, with the leave of the marshals and the bealdorhælend @Thalionwen."

She spoke calmly, her words prepared many times before she had finally entered the Dragon Room. There was not a trace in her voice, face, or body of the memories and thoughts that had made her question if she should really ask for this. Now she stood there calm, not showing if she feared a yes or no more.

"If I have your leave, marshal, and may say that I come as a hælend of the cavalry of Rohan, I hope the hælends of Gondor may let me follow them for a few weeks, and learn what I may from them, so that I may take it and use it for the cavalry's benefit." Then she hesitated for a moment, taking a long slow breath before speaking a little lower. "I also have a personal reason to request this trip. I have heard much of the hælends and I wish to learn from them, but I also think it wise to see Gondor, and the city of Minas Tirith in a time of peace and not in the face of battle or great personal grief. While the object of learning is my main purpose in requesting this leave, I also hope that this visit will bring me a peace I have understood that I need." Her thoughts went to @Lailyn and their talks, and her own memories, though her face remained calm and unmoved. "There are few hælends in the cavalry, so I do understand that my place may be here at the moment, it is your desision, marshal."
Hælend of Meduseld

Knight of The Mark
I have no doubt that you will serve well, Shivased replied to Hadassa, then stepped back and re-took her seat. Just as she sat, the doors to the Dragon Room opened to admit Ama, who looked rather light and happy. She gave a small smile of her own at the sight, realizing that she was so used to seeing people come in looking nervous or worried or angry, or some other mood that signalled bad news. It was good to see someone come in looking happy.

Upon hearing the reason for the haelend's visit, a trip to Gondor to visit the houses of healing, she immediately nodded her assent. Of course. Go, and learn what you can. I will speak to the bealdorhaelend and let her know what is happening, and inform the other marshals. She gestured towards a wigend, who came forward. Take what supplies you need for your journey from the Cavalry stores. This wigend will help if you need it.

@Amadhrill
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Esquire of The Mark
Her smile had never really left her face as she spoke, though her words had been serious. Now she gave smiled a little broader, a small flicker of relief shining through for a moment. She was glad that her leave was granted, as she had hoped, and even without any questions and permission to take what she needed for the journey as well. "Thank you, marshal!"

And with that she saluted again, nodded for the wigend to follow her, and left the Dragon Room with a bright smile and a sense of adventure in her steps.
Hælend of Meduseld

High Warden of Tower
Hadassa

Even though she felt a sense of pride for her achievements this far, the new dryhtguma was well aware that she could not rely on it too much and should continue to acquire skills and keep working constantly. With this in mind she was rather eager to return to the courtyard and do more training, though then again perhaps it could wait for a day, and she could just enjoy the rest of the day - was there even such a thing as enjoying a day in the cavalry?

When Amadhrill entered, she lingered for a while longer, though it was probably not a good habit to listen in to other people's business. For a few moments the young woman let her imagination wander as she hoped that one day she would be able to travel somewhere far; but then again she should settle and find a home first, else there would be nowhere to return to from any possible travels.

"With your leave, Marshal," she said, saluted, and headed for the door soon after Ama, though she had still not decided what she should be doing next. It was likely that she would find something to occupy herself with sooner rather than later.

Dryhtguma of Westmark Eored

Knight of The Mark
CLOSED
Head over to the new Dragon Room HERE
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!