Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
Elven Enchanter
@Aigronding Mordagnir and @Quill Ok, sounds great. I'll try and get the introductory post up tonight/tomorrow at the latest. And for now I'll wait to see if there's someone interested in flashback RPing with me. As I've never dabbled in Adab Nestad before, I'm not sure exactly how the thread runs.

Wise One of Lothlorien
I would gladly like to help you with that, Dimmy! How far back are you flashing? I have Annamiri (my eldest healer who once lived in Gondolin and a physician of the House of the King), Annlin (her sister who served as a healer for Maedhros' troops in the First Age), and Aigronding but he's still learning.

Edit: I see that Alma would like to RP with you for the flashback, Dimmy, so that's good. It frees up my time to write more things :D. I'll be there as Aewrusca Mordagnir today.
Last edited by Tharmáras on Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Soul
@Quill I am tempted to jump back in with either Almarëa (who did do her training and was a Nestor, I believe, once upon a very long time ago) or a new character - does it matter?

@Dimcairien Luiniel What sort of flashback did you have in mind? I could be up for a bit of RP!

Elven Enchanter
@Almarëa Mordollwen Basically my Ranger character got a severe (permanent) leg injury in the Rhudaor area after getting attacked by a group of Wild Men. He's currently in Osdolen, but I'd love to explore some of the direct aftermath. It would only be going back about 4-5 months, but I would still rather RP it than just write it up.

Galadriel
Galadriel
YES let's DEFINITELY do a beauty contest @Aigronding Mordagnir. I'm going to call all my troll friends, this is going to be magnificent.

Wise One of Lothlorien
Prepare yourself and stinky troll friends for mud baths and henna dye, Sil :smiley11: .

I should be posting in Osdolen before the day is through. Just in case anyone was wondering after having read my Beren post in Gondor recently, yes it is true - Khallador, my Ranger lieutenant of Osdolen, will die in the War of the Ring. The time periof of Gondor is set in the Fourth Age however, as I've stated here and in other threads, the Imladris Forum is still in the Third Age so Khallador is alive.

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir - Sorry, I didn't realize you were RPing Edward at the Prancing Pony! You're RPing as quite a few people!

Wise One of Lothlorien
It's okay, Sidra, I was still able to RP with you, framing his actions around yours :smiley11: ! I RP plenty of NPCs, Sidra, you'll come to see. I try to use under five in my posts with others. When I'm just writing solo posts, with no one, I usually use at least 10 characters. I've been with the Plaza 15 years so my love of writing has deepened over time and encouraged me to write my own fantasy series. :smiley8:

My Bree bios coming soon and more Bree activities! This was a special place for me when we last had the Plaza. It's a western-like setting in my imagination.

Newborn of Imladris
Aigronding Mordagnir wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:10 am I'll RP there again for you, Liri, and Anarie before Monday!
:smiley13:

Wise One of Lothlorien
Yikes! Shift work has been crazy in RL. I did as much as I could yesterday on my day off, Liri, but I have another today and will get that done :smiley11: . Let me try making the elven fort thread first (I'm working on it now since Bree is done) so people can start swinging swords and shooting arrows at minions then that I'll get to the house for you, Ana, Luthy, and Sidra :smiley17: .

Wise One of Lothlorien
@Dimcairwen and @Baingil, I'm making you both leaders/ambassadors of Lorien and Mirkwood in the Elven League army I'm making if that's okay? You would both be in charge of the Lorien and Mirkwood Guards. Oversight of your subordinates and their promotions would belong to you both; if you like the promotion system I'm instituting though, I'll make mention of it by an edit in the OP. :smiley11:

Elven Enchanter
@Aigronding Mordagnir Sounds good. And fun. I'm not very familiar with the army RP system, but I should be able to more of less quickly figure it out.

Wise One of Lothlorien
I'm so happy you'll be along, Dimmy :smiley11: ! So far I know I've got you, Tavari, Quill, Cassie, Anarie, and Nurbor wanting to be in the new host. I should be done by tonight. We'll get the HQ established for our characters and then we'll see if we can start the Grey Mountains Orc/Dragon RPG by month's end.

Herald of Imladris
Oooo grey mountains, orcs, and dragons? Sign me up!

I’m here for the fun, so let me know if you need anything besides my participation and I’ll gladly see what I can do.

I haven’t gotten to rp more than death scenes in dnd for so long, most people look at me crazy when I’m playing and do RP, so I look forward to it.

Nazgûl
Is there possibly room for one more @Aigronding Mordagnir? If it's exclusive thing then forgive my intrusion and ignore it

Wise One of Lothlorien
Nurbor, the RPG for the Orcs and Dragons will be made by the end of the month but for now I'm getting the HQ thread up for the Elven League :smiley8: ! Just look for the Ost-Halatir base activity to appear. I just need to know what rank you want to start off as, brother! I'm not sure if Lorien had ranks that you remember and could recall which you were. Dincairwen will be in charge of the Lorien Guards but in the meanwhile you can still interact with Elves from other realms and go on adventures with them. All will be explained in the OP.

The Elven League is opened to everyone, Frosty :smiley8: ! We need you! I was just naming members who have told me they want to guards for the Elven host. I should be ready to launch the thread within the hour.

Nazgûl
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say you need me :P but it would be nice to play someone who's more on the chaotic good side of things than neutral evil

New Soul
Almarëa will probably rejoin the elven host, although possibly under Lorien rather than Rivendell.

Wise One of Lothlorien
If you wanna RP a villain you may! But chaotic good is always welcome. My Hatholdir elven character is a notoriously wicked person. The Elven League has been made! I'll get in a short IC post there tonight then I'll work on my Last Homely House response for those who are waiting.

Wise One of Lothlorien
I didn't see your post as I was writing, Alma :smiley8: ! Glad to see you back and looking forward to writing with you! I think Rilien was a Lórien Elf wasn't he? I hope Almarëa will be happy in Lorien. You're welcome to play any Elf from Lindon, Lorien, Rivendell, and Mirkwood! You can have multiple NPCs from either of those realms as well.

If anyone wants to give me suggestions for improving the Elven League let me know! I'll start a roster soon for the OP and the Archives as we get members in.

I'm still debating whether or not I want to make foresters of the Bree-land to protect the Chetwood or remaking the Hill Watch Constabulary for the Third Age or the Fourth Age RP I will create this month. More news on that later. For now, we have the Rangers and Elven host made, so that's good.

New Soul
Rilien was mostly based in Lórien, yes. Although I was imagining that Almarëa has spent most of her time in recent years in Lórien and Lindon rather than in Rivendell (and she definitely spent time training as a healer in Lórien). So probably going to start with Almarëa, and then might eventually bring in Raina or Lindariel (both of whom were in leadership roles in the Lindon army once upon a time - I don't know what the equivalent rank would be).

Wise One of Lothlorien
Since Almarëa will be in Lindon, Dincairwen - if she still wants to lead (She was a ruler, so I'm hoping she'll want a role as captain) - will decide Almarëa's rank. Leaving Rilien out for now? For Raina and Lindariel I could give them the Lindon Guard leadership rank of Tirno (the second highest) to start with and they can rank up to Vayatiriwë and Ciryaquen?

If anyone wants to start RP'ing, Tavari (Moriel) and I will be in the Sammath Lasto, the hall where captains speak to subordinates; they'll be the senior leaders for Rivendell. My Lindon commander Telkelion will be there, too. Until Dincairwen and Bain arrive, feel free to speak with any of us, folks.

Elven Enchanter
@Sil Hey, any chance we could get the Character Submission threads pinned to the top? That seems like a helpful idea to keep it from getting lost, as it's an important thread that tends to not get posted in all the time.

Does that sound like a good idea Aig?

Wise One of Lothlorien
Absolutely, Dimmy! I believe Character Submissions was one of several pinned threads my co-Rulers and I had always stuck to the first page. It's rather important, considering how many characters we have in forums and how integral they are to the IC lives and writing of others.

Herald of Imladris
I’m not sure if I remember the ranks as they were, so just tell me what’s appropriate for someone to operate with and I am there, Lorien or Imladris both work for Nurbor but the phial was my favorite icon back in the day so I picked it vs newborn 😅

As I envision the old elf these days he’s kind of the elven ranger equivalent, or league of light (insert actual name), with the free peoples of the north. Travels like Gandalf to be where the action needs him because otherwise I’d become a sconce somewhere

Elven Enchanter
I think I'll be doing the Elven League stuff with my NPC Artanis. I've revised her history a bit recently and she ended up telling me that she had fought in the Last Alliance, so I'm going with that. Not sure what that would mean for her standing in the League, but just thought I'd throw that fact out, even though I've never RPed in the League. Anyway, NuPlaza, new adventures.

New Soul
@Aigronding Mordagnir Totally confused, I'm afraid - did you mean Lórien or Lindon when referring to Almarëa in that last post? I imagine she has spent a fair amount of time travelling, especially since both Raina and Lindariel are Lindon-based. Alma probably doesn't want (or need) any sort of leadership role, though it does make more sense for Raina/Lindariel.

Wise One of Lothlorien
Oh that was a typo, Alma, I meant Lorien. Wrong L name, I apologize :smiley9: ! Yes, Alma will be in Lorien :smiley8: . I'll list Raina and Lindariel for Lindon when you let me know when you're ready to use them. Are the ranks for them above okay?

Nurbor, how about we put you in the Imladris group for now, old friend? I could give you the Authon sergeant rank or a Taidron captain one if you would like to lead/devise missions in Eriador and Wilderland. Think I remember Nurbor was a commander and had seen many battles. When Dincairwen makes the Lorien ranks, you could decide to switch over. In all honestly, the Lorien ranks were always the most beautiful to me and shiny!

Dimmy, since Artranis has had military experience in the Last Alliance but hasn't been in battle for a while, would you like to be given a Maethor rank (second rank) in the Imladris army and give orders to Aphadors (first rank)? Or would you like waiting for Baingil to make the ones for Mirkwood since your character is a Silvan Elf from Thranduil's woods? You could still post in the meanwhile. Hurray for new Plaza adventures!

New Soul
@Aigronding Mordagnir No problem - I don't think I was terribly clear myself. I have been quite indecisive about what to do with Almarëa's backstory etc. on New Plaza. Rethinking it, I think maybe it's better to put her in Rivendell rather than Lorien for now (since I'm planning to RP her in Adab Nestad with Dimcairien). Those ranks are totally fine for Raina and Lindariel - I am about to put proper bios for all of them in the character thread in a minute (have had to do quite a bit of digging through the wayback machine - I had all of the icons in my files but not all of the bios!)

Wise One of Lothlorien
It's okay, I had to make plenty of changes for my characters as well. I've been RP'ing on another site Rivvy made for years after the Plaza shut down (I'm still there because we're finishing Ages of Arda and starting the Bragollach War / Silmaril Quest. I won't be hosting that here) so I'm going with most of those alterations in addition to some ones because the Plaza is returned. I'm still trying to find a lot in the Way Back Machine...but it doesn't cooperate a lot of the time. I got excited seeing my Blue Mountain Dwarf thread in Lindon because I remember it showed many of the guilds I created which I want to use again but unfortunately it's not able to be viewed. If you find the link, could you post it here for me, please? Do you have any of the Halcyon Guard icons by any chance? If so could you post them here, too?

Okay, so Alma is in Rivendell for now? Let me know if you change your mind again :smiley8: ! I had mentioned you in my first segment of Aig's bio I think and again in the third because of The Pursuit story. I had mentioned Cal was dead so if that's changed let me know! I also mentioned, I think, that Alma was present when Aigronding's son Valion (introduced in The Pursuit) was captured by Orcs after Gondolin's destruction when the refugees were fleeing to the Havens; let me know if that's okay still.

New Soul
I think I've sorted it all out now. :smiley16: Proper bios forthcoming in the character threads.

Almarëa - Rivendell - Guard & Houses of Healing. @Quill, is it alright if she takes the rank of Nestor In Adab Nestad? She definitely trained in both Rivendell & Lorien, and was briefly Minestor if the Wayback Archive is to be trusted.

Raina - Lindon Guard. @Aigronding Mordagnir, is it alright if she actually starts as Vayatiriwë? I believe that was her old rank - and she was certainly used to leading missions.

Lindariel - Lindon Guard, Tirno (although she is likely to be very much healer/cook/support/logistics, rather than combat-related).

*edited to add* - Let me check about the icons for the Halcyon Guard. I make no promises, but I actually filed quite a lot from old Plaza, it turns out.
Last edited by Almarëa Mordollwen on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tilion
Tilion
@Frosty the Snowman Join uuuuuus, joooin uuuuuss!!!

Nurbor, good to see you! Welcome! :smiley8:

Elven Enchanter
Aig, I think it would be more IC for Artanis to be in the Silvan army. She may have disagreed with Oropher's politics, but she is still a Silvan elf to the end. She wouldn't mind helping with the Imladris army when needed, but her true allegiance lies in Mirkwood.

Tilion
Tilion
@Aigronding Mordagnir I'll be bringing Gellam (of course) and Remlasson back for the Host of Imladris as well, so whenever you get around to putting up the roster, lets have them at Tirn and Authon respectively please!

Wise One of Lothlorien
Roger that :smiley16: :smiley8: ! Alma will be in the Halatir Guard of Rivendell but do you want her to be an Aphador still or should she be a Maethor or would you like a higher rank to start with for her? Raina can start as a Vayatiriwë, yes, and Lindariel can be a Tirno. Will she take out her harp at camp :smiley8: ? I think she is a musician, too. I'm excited to see what you've filed away! My last resort for asking about Halcyon icons will be Quill.

Dimmy, I'll list Artanis as a Mirkwood Guard then! I hope she gets along better with Thranduil :smiley9: .

Moriel, Tirn and Authon then :smiley17: !

Does this look about right? I haven't included @Dincairwen or @Baingíl Randír yet until they let me know they want to be the leaders/ambassadors of Lorien and Mirkwood yet.

Imladris:

Aigronding - Tar-Taidron
Tavari (Moriel) - Arahiril
Roina (Aig) - Taidril
Taurina (Aig) - Taidril
Anárië - Taidril
Edan (Aig) - Taidron
Nurbor - Taidron
Caranfindel (Aig) - Authon
Remlasson (Moriel) - Authon
Erfaron (Ercassie) - Authon
Gellam (Moriel) - Tirn
Lhaindir (Aig) - Maethor
Calselda (Aig) - Maethor
Almarëa -

Mirkwood:

@Veowyn - Scout (I think you told me you'd like to be, still want to, sis?)
Artanis(Dimcairien) - Rank, forthcoming

Lorien:

Lindon:

Earenolwë (Aig) - Margrave, guarding the Lindon border
Telkelion (Aig) - Ciryatur
Tharmaras (Aig) - Arhesto
Raina (Almarëa) - Vayatiriwë
Ercassie - Winë
Elmarya (Aig) - Tirno
Lindariel(Almarëa) - Tirno

Adventurers:

Iella (Aig)
Elfaron (Aig)
Yulmanilda (Aig)
Arin Falconis (Aig)
Astaro (Aig)
Last edited by Tharmáras on Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

New Soul
sure count me in as a scout

Wise One of Lothlorien
Okay, Veo, i will :smiley8: !

Everyone, Moriel will be keeping track of your reknown for promotions! :smiley22:

Elven Enchanter
Sounds like a plan, Aig. Thanks for all your work in organising this. It should be interesting. And yes, I hope Artanis gets along better with Thranduil as well. He at least seems to be more willing to work with others.

Herald of Imladris
Sounds like the Taidron role would be sensible Aig because then I can roll up NPC groups and whatnots of people to throw into things as needed. I have some ideas for things to do that we could use or perfect into something better, lord knows there is more territory to cover than people to cover it all :lol:

Moriel is good to be back, and working towards the moving icons :smiley9:

Wise One of Lothlorien
You're welome, Dimmy! The Host has always been my baby so it feels good to get it restarted.

I'll put you down for Taidron, Nurbor, and I'm eager to hear your ideas, pal!
We need to try getting Nulda over here.

Wise One of Lothlorien
Lorien folks: I just spoke with my Plaza brother, Celebrin. He's told me about the ranks and he has the old icons :smiley8: .

Warrior - Magor, Theninmagor, Bellmagor, Daermagor, Archer Warden

Archer - Cudir, Thenincudir, Bellcudir, Daercudir, Magor Warden.

Celebrin said that he and Nulda had changed the ranks to: Trainee, Scout, Swordsman, Warrior, Guardian, and Sentinel.

Celebrin recommends that we stick to the old ones for nostalgia. What do you think, @Dincairwen ? Would you like to keep any set of the old ranks or would you like to make new ones? Celebrin is sending me an e-mail with Lorien Guard rank icons.

Counsellor of Gondor
Thank you for putting something Guard-related together for us @Aigronding Mordagnir :smiley22:.

You have my pair both remembered correctly, although of course with young twins now to care for, Nariel may not show up for this dragon RPG. Maybe get herself back into training quietly and slowly. :smiley17:

Erfaron reached Authon in the old Halcyon guard, yes. Less concerned about his rank of course, as long as he can get his hands dirty. :smiley8: I am almost ready with his character submission.

Wise One of Lothlorien
You're welcome, Cassie :smiley11: ! I know it means a lot to everyone not just myself. The Host of Imladris and Lorien have always been a cornerstone of the Plaza; when Mirkwood and Lindon were established, their guards became as critical, too.

What matters most is that the twins Nariel and Tharmaras have are taken care of by their sweet attentive parents, Cassie :smiley17: . I'm sure Erfaron will relish returning to Lindon to share his dragonslaying stories with Rondo and Cara.

Aig: "I need to talk with you about your next promotion."
Erfaron: "Let's discuss what I need to brutally kill instead."
:smiley9:

It's good to have a Mole for a friend as long as he doesn't want to end your life. Aigronding got lucky to have Erfaron, Hrango, and Astaro on his team.

Galadriel
Galadriel
I’ve pinned what I think it was you wanted me to pin. If I’m wrong tag me and let me know. Also I will join the guard at some point as long as someone patient explains to me what’s going on.

Wise One of Lothlorien
I'm happy you want to join the Guard, Sil :smiley11: !

Basically, instead of having several Elven armies in the Imladris Forum we're condensing them together. Like the Host of the Eldar we tried back years ago on the old Plaza. So this Guards activity will host warrior missions for the Elves of Lindon, Rivendell, Mirkwood, and Lorien. I don't think you were in either of those but if you were let me know and what rank. If you're starting fresh I could assign you any rank you're comfortable beginning with for Lindon or Rivendell, Sil; they're mentioned above and in the Guard OP. If you want to be an Elf fighter from Mirkwood or Lorien, you can still play while waiting on either Bain or Cair to decide the ranks for their soldiers. Celebrin shared with me the Lorien ranks but I'm not sure if Cair wants to use them or begin new. I'll show the Lorien icon ranks tomorrow and ask Quill if she has Rivendell's saved; I already have Lorien's. Not sure if Mirkwood had made any.

I should sleep before work :smiley9: (five in the morning here, just about). I've posted in the Last Homely House for you, Liria (you may RP recieving your nuncheon and bathing supplies from Dineth and Malcando!) and Sidra. I'll post there again late tonight for Ana and Cassie.

Scout of Lothlorien
Aig - I have been summoned! I don't think I've got the time/energy to actually run anything, but I do have my old Mirkwood Guard ranks still laying around, as well as what I think is my last (recorded) rankings for members. Usernames, as far as I can tell, are solely based on what they were at the time of last recording, and in some cases may not reflect the most used/current usernames of the actual members.
  • Chief Guard of Mirkwood - Not that there could be more than one of this, but I listed it anyway.
    Baingíl Randír
  • Arphen (Lord)
  • Caun (Commander)
    Nethalion (Dwimmerlaik)
  • Rochir (Knight)
  • Sergeant-Major General - A skippable joke title, that was a placeholder for people to make their own title "of equal or greater silliness", and required making a post that made the Chief Guard laugh
  • Dagnir (Assassin)
    Sindahir Laegiel
  • Pengron (Archer) OR Magron (Swordsman) - Pick according to weapon specialty (ranged or close combat)
    Feowen Súrindis (Morgan la Fée)
    Bodgolas (Rian Eliowen)
    Mirima (Almarëa Mordollwen)
    Aisil Laegiel
    Sillandhas (Aigronding Mordagnir)
    Manwathiel Raenmin (Inspector Javert)
  • Tauror (Forester)
    Geliril
    Ninde (Sailacel)
  • Othon (Guard/Soldier)
  • Trainee
    Rana (Celandine)
    Adulas (Dinelleth)
    Morfenion
    Tuthor Laegiel

All this came with a bit of an overcomplicated system of points/requirements posts to reach higher ranks, which I can include the instructions for if desired. But if it were left to me at this point, I'd probably just say pick a rank that makes sense for your character and go have fun. Or someone else can take the job of running the thing. At least I had the records, though.

Storyteller
Oooh @Baingíl Randír, seeing Nethalion's name on that Mirkwood list definitely tempts me into joining in on this! I've been thinking about that character and whether I want to get back into RP'ing him. Although seeing he has the rank of Commander (which I completely forgot about) does daunt me. I don't know if I have the competence anymore to pull that rank off. And considering how young an elf Nethalion is, I don't think it made much sense story-wise that he gained that position! I saw Aig mention the possibility of a scout rank, which I feel would be much more up my ally now.

New Soul
@Aigronding Mordagnir Let's go with Maethor for Almarëa; I think that would make the most sense for now.

Ilmarë
Ilmarë
Sil wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am Also I will join the guard at some point as long as someone patient explains to me what’s going on.
Me too. I've got some elven characters from ages ago waiting to come back out and play. In particular, I have a couple from Lindon and then there is an old old old character I haven't played in forever, who was from Rivendell. But maybe I'll start with the Lindon ones.

Wise One of Lothlorien
Thanks for the ranks, @Baingíl Randír ! Maybe it makes the most sense for the Mirkwood Guards to have these ranks (from least to greatest): Othon, Tauror, Pengron / Magron, Dagnir, Rochir, Caun, Arphen. But that shouldn't be for me to determine officially, just as suggestion. So, just to be clear, my old friend, are you saying that Baingil won't be the ambassador / leader of the Mirkwood group? That she would be still in Mirkwood being chief of the guards of Thranduil making sure the forest itself is secure? I would like to see your promotion system here, yes. :smiley11:

@Dwim , it's great to have you back and I'm eager to write with you, brother :smiley8: ! Would you like for me to note Nathalion as a Scout? How old is he? Eorl the Young did great things, mate :smiley9: !

@Almarëa Mordollwen , I'll put you down for Maethor! Do you want Mirana to be in the Mirkwood Guard still as a Pengron or Magron or there's no time?

@Tarawen , i'm excited to write again with you, too! Do you recall the names of the NPCs you had in Lindon that you want to RP again and what ranks would you like for them?

Would anyone like to be an Adventurer captain? Adventurers have no rank and are just serving with the Guards for fun but, like how the Rangers operate, there would be leaders of bands? These would be functioning as scouts and delivering news (which you can make up) concerning the places they've gone to in Eriador and Wilderland that might have been troubled in some way; also, of course, they would do scouting for groups of Guards or in RPGs when necessary.

Is there anyone who wants to lead the Mirkwood Guard contingent here and if so, would you like to use the rank order I specified which uses the official Mirkwood names or redo them? Baingil will show the promotion system and it will be up to you to keep it or adopt the one I have for Lindon and Rivendell, based off the Black Host of Mordor.